Personal & Commercial Lines Customer Service Representative
FULL TIME • CAROLINA BEACH, NC
- Answer customer calls and correspondence regarding new or existing insurance policies and service all claims.
- Work with prospects to pre-qualify and understand their needs, gather necessary data, research policy options, present options, finalize and bind new coverage, cancel old policies, and negotiate with carriers when necessary.
- Set appointments and/or client calls to review existing policies, revise liability limits, explore other coverage needs, evaluate replacement costs, round out accounts, and bind renewals.
- Confer with customers to provide detailed information about products and services, quote new business, process renewals and/or cancel accounts, take payments, and provide requested documentation.
- Actively solicit increases in coverage or rounding out accounts at every service contact.
- Resolve product or service issues by clarifying the customer’s concern, determining the cause of the issue, selecting and explaining the best solution to solve the issue, expediting correction or adjustment, following up to ensure resolution.
- Maintain records of customer interactions and transactions, recording details of inquiries, comments, and actions taken in the agency management system.
- Review audits or policies; verify accuracy and facilitate corrections, as needed, between client and carrier.
- Keep informed regarding industry information, new product information, legislation, coverages and technology to continuously improve knowledge and performance as well as collaboration with team members, mentor staff, and participate in meetings as needed.
- Hold the insurance license required by your state and have a minimum of two years personal and commercial lines insurance account management experience, as well as a Bachelor’s Degree or comparable work experience.
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of insurance products and usages, rating procedures, underwriting procedures, coverages, and industry operations to effectively manage, maintain, and write assigned clients and prospects.
- Demonstrate strong customer focus and an excellent phone manner; display strong written and verbal communication skills and possess excellent math and reading skills to accurately perform simple calculations.
- Have the ability and tact to handle difficult customer phone calls and solve complex problems without direct supervision.
- Have a strong sense of urgency, attention to detail, organization, multi-tasking, and time management skills.
- Technology and Computer proficiency including agency management systems.
- Competitive Pay
- Professional Development
- Job Stability in a growing industry
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply, please send your resume to email@example.com.